Thursday, June 24, 2010

Final Countdown -- 5 days to arrival in Africa / 3 more days in MI

So I head to Philly on Tuesday for a 1.5 day staging event where I will meet the other 15 volunteers headed to The Gambia to participate in the Education program (not sure if they are also Math/Science specific, but I think so). I am scheduled to arrive in Philly on the 29th, leave for Africa on the 30th and arrive in The Gambia on the 1st of July.

I have been spending most of my time packing, taking care of loose ends, eating at any place that I might miss and saying goodbye to as many people as possible. I had a great going away party this past weekend so thanks again to all the people that came to visit! I am still way more excited than I am nervous and I hope I don't forget anything important :)

-- Samantha

No comments: