Friday, November 5, 2010

Just call me crazy cat lady. It was bound to happen. It's cool...

Ok, so I am about to devote an entire blog post to my cat AND post a crap load of pictures. BUT. Don’t worry too much. I am not about to devote my entire blog to my cat… even though it would probably be more interesting :D Apparently this is what Africa does to people.

Sooooo, anyway… SOMEBODY convinced me that it would be super cute and fun to have a kitten around the house. I, being the trusting person that I am, remembered how much I LOVE cats and was talked into agreeing to this crazy idea. Too bad for me that over the past week or so I have come to realize that, in addition to turning into my Mother, I am apparently also turning into my Father. I am definitely not a pet person any longer. At least not while in Africa.

I tried to be nice and keep the cat inside and make him a cute bed and feed him good food and play with him, but he refused to cooperate and instead peed and pooped all over. Not adorable. He also seems to think it’s a fun idea to chew on power cords, so I could not even leave him alone any time there was power. Definitely annoying. Long story short the kitten now resides outside in the extra storage room. He is not allowed inside. Problem solved. I assume once he is big enough to get over my back walls he is free to do as he wants.

Oh yea, its name is Pixel. I thought this was nerdy and cute and smart. It no longer seems appropriate. I think that I will be happy when it gets older and becomes fat and slow. That is how all pets should be.

Also, don’t feel so bad for him being outside. He has his own room and everything. Kane even felt bad for him and made a cute bed for him out of a box and old t-shirt and what did the cat do? He pooped all over it. No more bed for him. AND. Even though it annoys the crap out of me most of the time Pixel still loves me. He follows me everywhere when I am in the back and I constantly trip over him. Also, whenever I sit down it climbs all over me. I am starting to think it might be broken because it never stops purring. I’m not sure why it likes me so much. Another indication that it is broken.

Here are some pictures that will make you think I am a jerk for being annoyed by an animal that is so damn adorable.

OF COURSE alcohol was involved in taking all these cat pictures. Who do you think I am? THANKS AMERICA for everything in this picture other than the metal cups :D

First... proof that he does have a house outside AND it is a nice one.

Second...Pixel!

And again... Pixel!

He likes to lay in the drain ditch on the ground. Very clean.

Then he likes to go into my kitchen and jump all over everything. Even cleaner!

Hes climbing into my lap. Typical man...

Now hes confused about what to do...

So he decides to roll around and bite his own tail

The fun goes on...

And on...

Now hes done...



It likes to climb on people and hang out around their neck and face.

Eck! What is this thing? It smells...

What the hell am I supposed to do with it?

Can I eat it? Probably not..

Ok, so I don't totally hate it...

2 comments:

Alexandra Jarema said...

oh. my. goddddd.

Grace Collette said...

He is so cute! But you kinda are a crazy cat lady.